Featured post

www.OxfordPropertyBlog.co.uk is hosting a Landlord seminar

On 2 March 2017, we will host a seminar featuring expert speakers from Martin & Co, Hedges Law, Critchleys Chartered Accountants and...

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Property investment opportunity in Littlemore, Oxford

Ah ha, this one takes me back only to August of last year and in exactly the same street. Pheasant Walk, Littlemore that had a very happy ending (so to speak!)

During January of last year I had an investor approach me looking for the ideal investment opportunity. We went high, we went low, we went left and then right and finally I stumbled on Pheasant Walk. A 1 bedroom maisonette on the market for £220,000. One viewing later it was sale agreed and on the day of completion it was already let. I like to be prepared!

This one, currently on the market with Amelies, east Oxford for £225,000 has plenty of scope to be a super investment.

It is pretty much identical to the one I look after which fetches £875 per calendar month. I fully expect £895 - £925 in the right market (that being the warmer period) but £895 now at the minimum. Against asking price this gives you 4.7% rental yield. Whilst I absolutely encourage a price offer between you and I this price is pretty much on the money.

They do tend to sell around their asking price because they do genuinely represent very good investments. That shouldn't
stop you trying for a deal but the margins based on rent do allow you to get away with paying asking price if you needed to.

Their growth is pretty steady as well. 4b Pheasant Walk sold for £188,000 on the 31st October 2014 and just over 2 years later they are now fetching £225,000. That is a 19% increase in 2 years! Hmmmmm, I must ask my bank if they can match that on my savings account?!?!?!?

Call me if you would like to know more.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment