Featured post

www.OxfordPropertyBlog.co.uk is hosting a Landlord seminar

On 2 March 2017, we will host a seminar featuring expert speakers from Martin & Co, Hedges Law, Critchleys Chartered Accountants and...

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Investment opportunity in Yarnton, Oxford

Good afternoon all,
GREAT CLOSE ROAD, YARNTON

I spotted this one for sale in Yarnton because at first it looked vaguely familiar to me and when I looked into the details I found out why!

This property was under my watchful eye for 4 years before it was sold on 18th March 2015 for £180,000. Clearly a popular little place because we only ever had the one tenant who remained for 4 years we had it!

Now on the market for £200,000 with Oliver James, Kidlington this property would fetch £795pcm and £825pcm. Against the current asking price this would give you a healthy 4.9% yield.

BUT!!!

In my humble opinion not at this asking price. Something doesn't quite add up. Most notably is the recent sales history.

On the 14th September 2016 number 33 Great Close Road sold for £155,000. Admittedly a fixer upper which did include needing new everything, but I am not sure this amounts to a £45,0000 increase.

In short and offer would be in order and if agreeable then you would have yourself a cracking little investment and it is clear that they do appreciate very well. Number 40 Great Close Road sold for £158,000 on 19th Oct 2007. 8 years later and through 2 recessions it has still made a tidy profit of £39,500.

Call me for more on this and others on my investment radar (including in house!)

Best regards

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment