Featured post

www.OxfordPropertyBlog.co.uk is hosting a Landlord seminar

On 2 March 2017, we will host a seminar featuring expert speakers from Martin & Co, Hedges Law, Critchleys Chartered Accountants and...

Tuesday 18 October 2016

All aboard for this great city centre investment!

Did I say city centre? Well it's OX1 so this gets in on a technicality!

OTTERS REACH, KENNINGTON
All joking aside and for anyone who knows Oxford, Kennington is a super, super location. A village by its own right offering a quiet community feeling whilst being very close to city centre (hence its OX1 status!)

This one is a real cracker and internally very nice. It has the added bonus of a conservatory as well, leading to garden which only adds to its appeal.

You are looking at a rent of £1025pcm. Against the asking price this brings you out with a 4.1% yield. 5% I hear you say? Nice if you can achieve the golden number but anything 4% in OX1 is today's market is a real plus point.

So the figures work well (ish) based on asking price but would I pay it? No I wouldn't! The reason I wouldn't other than getting a good deal is due to the recent selling history in this location.

On the 7th September 2015 number 6 Otters Reach sold for £250,000. I have had a look at this property in closer detail and it is in top order. It does not have a conservatory but it is still very nice. Put plainly I'd be questioning the 'offers over £300,000' statement. You'd have to gauge it by the level of interest of course but it is investor heaven and I would expect alot of interest in this.

Definitely worth a second look i'd say.

Call me for more information on this or any others you may have seen.

Best regards

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment