Featured post

www.OxfordPropertyBlog.co.uk is hosting a Landlord seminar

On 2 March 2017, we will host a seminar featuring expert speakers from Martin & Co, Hedges Law, Critchleys Chartered Accountants and...

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Oxford Property prices. Can you afford to wait?

Whether we are homeowners or investment buyers there is one question that continually resonates with us all which is of course; How much is my property worth?

Although this offers a brief insight for both parties I find my attention swaying slightly to investment purchasers (hmmmm, strange that!) and how this information may serve them best when plotting their next move. So, picking an area to look at I chose good old OX1 and focused my attention solely on flats/apartments for my research and here are my findings:

The average price of property in this area currently sits at £304,000. Using the tardis I decided to revisit the last 5 years to see how prices have changed in this location for these properties.
  • 5 years ago - £227,000
  • 4 years ago - £260,000
  • 3 years ago - £263,000
  • 2 years ago - £270,000
  • 1 year ago - £280,000
  • 6 months ago - £300,500
From 2009 to present day the housing market has seen some tricky moments. Even now we find ourselves in 'recovery'. One thing that does appear certain is that some areas, notably OX1 just keep on going and from a capital growth perspective still represent a fantastic return for investment.

If you would like to compare capital growth on your property and its location or yield % I would welcome your call. Maybe you would just like some general investment advice which I'd also be happy to help with. Alternatively you can visit me in my office at 31 Woodins Way, Paradise Street, Oxford, OX1 1HD


1 comment:

  1. What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge! building oceania iv Condos

    ReplyDelete