Featured post

www.OxfordPropertyBlog.co.uk is hosting a Landlord seminar

On 2 March 2017, we will host a seminar featuring expert speakers from Martin & Co, Hedges Law, Critchleys Chartered Accountants and...

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Oxford's Top 3 Property Spots

Whilst sat pondering my next move for property market domination in Oxford I stumbled upon a question that I probably get asked more than any other in my day to day life. In fact just 2 hours ago one of my current landlords came into my office (free coffee of course) and asked me that very same question, which got me thinking; What are Oxford's top 3 places for yield returns?? 

I took the 5 main areas of Oxford, and using the average price for each location this is what I found out: 

1.     OX1 average price - £427,000. OX1 average yield - 5.1%
2.     OX2 average price - £531,000. OX2 average yield - 6.2%
3.     OX3 average price - £343,000. OX3 average yield - 5.3%
4.     OX4 average price - £244,000. OX4 average yield - 6.6%
5.     OX5 average price - £325,000. OX5 average yield - 4.9%

Rental yield in the property industry is a very important thing. It can mean the difference between having a successful, thriving portfolio and holding property that is as fragile as a pack of cards. The most obvious description of 'yield' I could find was this one:

'the income produced by a financial investment, usually shown as a percentage of cost'.

And what is that golden figure ladies and gents?? 5% and above is generally accepted as the pot of gold, so as you can see, whilst Oxford shows a clear winner in Cowley for investment purchasing all 5 locations represent fantastic returns on your investment.

Next week................................ Capital Growth Top 3 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! building the palace For Sale

    ReplyDelete